Monday Made It -Ribbon Paperclips




Happy Monday, Everyone! 

I was so proud of myself last night! I was in bed and ready to get some sleep by 9:00...yes, that's right! It hardly ever happens (although I need to make it a habit), but it happened last night. Hopefully, that means I will have a very productive Monday!

Today, I am linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for the Monday Made It series. 


I love to read. During the holiday break, my daughter and I made those cute little ribbon bookmarks that you see all over Pinterest. We had a blast. We were a little slow making them at first, but when we got the hang of it, we zipped through them. She has given some to her friends and has enjoyed telling them "my mama and I made these." Too cute. 


For a step-by-step tutorial, you can click HERE.



For my Made It #2...I don't have any pictures to go along with this one, but I do want to share. I made a commitment to stop eating out! I could come up with some kind of excuses on why I had to pick up supper every night. I told my hubby after Christmas I was going to try to cook and eat at home. It is January 12th, and we have only eaten out once (and that was for his birthday dinner that we agreed to when I made the commitment). I am so happy! I know it has not been a whole month, and it may sound silly to some, but eating out was something we did quite frequently...so it is an accomplishment for me. I will keep you posted. 

I have several "Made Its" that I am in the process of working on now, so I will share all of them with you very soon! 

I hope you have a marvelous Monday!


6 comments:

  1. #2 is awesome! My hubbie and I always have a tension about eating out -- he wants to do it all the time, but I'm trying to stay healthy :) Good for you sticking to your commitment this month.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been super hard. I am hoping that once I get in the habit, I will not want to eat out anymore. :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Andrea

      Delete
  2. Andrea,
    Your paper clips would be the perfect inexpensive gift for book lovers. Good luck with eating in. I like to cook, but I like going out to eat more :) I find that planning out in my mind what I will make that week before I go to the grocery store and then making sure I get everything I need in one shot helps.
    Brynn
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brynn,

      Yes, that is exactly what I did this weekend before I went to the grocery store. :)

      Andrea

      Delete
  3. Andrea,
    Nice job on the bookmarks. They look cute. It's nice to do projects with your kids like that, too. Congrats on keeping to your commitment to eat more at home. That's a very healthy goal. Thanks for sharing!

    Shane
    Math is Fundamental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane,

      Thank you for stopping by! We definitely enjoyed making them together.

      Andrea

      Delete