Martin Luther King, Jr. Lapbook Success



It's that time again...it is the Hump Day Link-up with Mrs. Stanford's Class! 

This week, a group of second graders used my Martin Luther King, Jr. Lapbook Activity, so I had the opportunity to work with them. I had so much fun! 


They began on Monday with a brief introduction of this famous civil rights leader. I went into their classroom on Tuesday morning to help with the construction of the lapbooks. They seemed very excited and eager to get started. 


The main objective Tuesday was to talk to the students about the lapbooks, what their lapbook would look like after completing it, and how they could use it as a learning and study tool. After our lapbook discussion, we got busy cutting the templates and placing them into the lapbook. 




While I was helping guide the students, one boy raised his hand and asked, "Do you know what is the best part about these lapbooks?"

I responded with, "Please tell me."

With the biggest smile on his face (and scissors in his hands), he said, "Getting to make it ours."

Yes, yes, indeed! They were engaged, happy, and learning. I cannot wait to go back in there today.

To conduct a further investigation of Martin Luther King, Jr., the students will use iPads today to gather information and research about this great, influential leader. 


Click HERE to be directed to the lapbook resource. 

Don't forget to see what others are doing this week at Mrs. Stanford's Classroom

9 comments:

  1. I think lapbooks are great! I just wish I had more time to do more of them!

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean. I think it is best to save those topics you definitely want your students to remember and use the lapbooks for those. But there never seems to be enough time in the day. :)

      Andrea

      Delete
  2. Those turned out so well! They look great :) I've been using lapbooks in Social Studies this year and the kids love them! We don't use them all the time because they do take some time but they are so worth it in the end! Big kids need some time to cute and glue in the day sometimes too!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by today. Your lapbooks look amazing and it sounds like you work with some insightful kiddos!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aprecio la excelente atención al cliente que siempre está lista para ayudar con cualquier problema relacionado con la aplicación. Gracias al sitio web CPS Test, He perfeccionado mis habilidades para hacer clic y eso ha marcado una diferencia notable en la eficiencia de mi trabajo.

    ReplyDelete