Here are some of my all-time best back to school tips:
1. Follow Pinterest. If you are not already hooked on this fabulous site, then you need to check it out. There are wonderful ideas to use for lessons, crafts, classroom decorations, etc. Be careful because it can become addicting.
2. Before school begins, allow yourself several "me" days. You earned them! You deserve them! You need them! Take a couple of days and remove thoughts of school from your mind. If you need to, stay off of the computer and take time to decompress. I have learned from experience that I perform much better if I allow myself a few days to not do anything school related.
3. Pick out a cute school bag. I know at the beginning of school, I always like to have a cute bag to carry my items to and from school.
4. Get in your classroom early. I know I said in #2 to allow yourself several "me" days. I always liked to get into my classroom early and get everything arranged and organized. After that, I would take my several "me" days and not think about it until I went back for pre-planning. I always felt so much better knowing that the moving and organizing was complete before all of the back to school meetings started.
5. Be prepared for the first day. It will be a hectic day, but be prepared with fun, engaging lessons that will really hook your students at the beginning. If they are having fun while learning, they will be more apt to stay engaged. I know I would always have a fun game to play for the students to get to know one another. The students would create a personalized pennant with their goals and ways to reach these goals. They always love doing things like that.
No matter where you are in your school year, I wish everyone a successful year! To help you with some activities and products you can use with your students, Laura J has put together this wonderful blog hop. I hope you will join in on the fun!
My product that will be included in the prize pack, is my Write with Me Journal. This journal provides a great avenue to get your students and their parents actively interacting through the writing process.
We'll have one grand prize winner who will win: A pencil sharpener in their choice of color from Classroom Friendly Supplies, their choice of a blog design OR $25 worth from products from Tools for Teachers by Laurah J, and one copy of each donated unit. We will have one second prize winner who will get one copy of each donated unit and their choice of $25 worth of items from my store. Once the winners are chosen, I will send out an e-mail with the winner's e-mail addresses and you will be responsible for sending out your units to the winners. The Grand Prize Package has a retail value of $122, and the 2nd Prize Package has a retail value of $88! Here are the units you've donated:
- Elements of Fiction Posters
- First Week Back to School Classroom Essentials Bundle
- Write with Me Journal (Common Core Aligned)
- Latin Greek Vocabulary Through the Year, Set 1
- Getting to Know You- A Back to School Math Game for your Class
- Place Value Safari
- Back to School Icebreaker Pack
- Ten Real Life Applicable Area and Perimeter Cards
- Back to school and end of year foldables
- Common Core Writing and Editing Checklists