August Currently


August? Huh? It can't be! Well, Farley's Currently Post today made me realize just how much of a reality it is. One question...where in the world did summertime go so quickly? 

Listening: I officially started work last Monday. I changed positions this year, and I will be the Instructional Coordinator at the school. This week has been fun, because although the teachers do not begin until Monday, many have been in and out all week working hard to get their classrooms in order. I have enjoyed listening to the laughter fill the hall as they greet each other and talk about their vacations. 

Loving: I am loving my new CHI flatiron. Mine that I have had for six years finally quit working, so what did I do? Of course, I ordered a new one! And love it!

Thinking: Oh, that! I am thinking about my to-do list for my house that is not complete. Oops! I do still have the weekends, right!

Wanting: I want a new car. I don't need one, but I have my eye on one. 

Needing: Oh, yes! I need one more trip to put my toes in the sand. I hope to go over Labor Day weekend. 

B2s Must Haves: (1) New iPad case, (2) Sharpies, I love them!, and (3) Write with Me Journal 

The Write with Me Journal is my favorite! It provides a journal per week for students to take  home and write with their parents/guardians. I love using it, and the feedback has been awesome! 

Click Here to See "Write with Me"
I hope you have a great beginning!

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to the beach! I could use one right now- we start school next week!!! I found out on Farley's :)

    Heather
    Berry Sweet Teaching Treats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Farley's Currently! Your blog is super cute. And I LOVE Sharpies as well! What would we be without those and hot glue??? Happy back to school!

    Hannah
    Cute in the Classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know...without them, I do not think I could function at school. :)

      Andrea

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the beach! We need to spend a weekend there too.

    Crystal Shepherd
    lucytumnus@gmail.com
    Lamppost in a STEM classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go! Have a wonderful year!

      Andrea

      Delete
  4. I'm with you! I definitely need a new car but I'll have to wait quite some time before I can.

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My is definitely a "want"...not a need. I will be waiting with you!

      Andrea

      Delete
  5. I love my Kensington ipad case. It has a keyboarad and feels like leather :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't live without my CHI! I had another straightener and didn't quite believe the hype until I tried my teaching partners. I use it nearly every day :) ... I would also agree that Sharpies are a must have! I love the Sharpie pens. I use them all the time to color code things in my planner! No bleeding and the colors are so pretty :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right about the happy sounds of teachers coming back to the school and laughing. Much as we'd all like to be on the beach still, it's nice to see everyone again!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're "needing" is my "wanting"! Living in Iowa, though, I don't think it's going to happen for me. LOL! Anyway, I look forward to following your blog! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, I love the idea of an excuse to buy a new Ipad case every year!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete