February Currently



I cannot believe February is already here! I always love the first of each month, so I can link up with Oh Boy Fourth Grade for the monthly Currently!

Listening: It is Super Bowl Sunday, so of course the television is on ESPN. The hubby cannot miss one thing about football. I have also been googling Marshawn Lynch interviews and videos. He is quite entertaining in my opinion! 

Loving: The weather is beautiful outside today...think I might go for a run in a little while. 

Thinking: I have a very busy week ahead. We have meetings, PTO, students dressing up like their favorite book characters, homework, and the other usual weekly events. I need to get everything organized today for the week. 

Wanting: I think it is because the weather is so nice, but I want to go shopping with the gals for some new spring clothes. I think we might should even make it a weekend adventure. 

Needing: I woke up this morning with a terrible headache... took some medicine and went back to sleep. When I wok up again, the head was still throbbing. I think some more medicine and outside therapy will help it. 

Pageant Title: "Queen of Yoga Pants"...no, you won't see me sporting around town in them; however, they are my go-to every second I am at home. 


Hehe...true story!

Since it is February, I want to share with you some resources to make your planning easier. 


This February Writing Bundle is a great addition to the month. It contains 20 journal prompts, plus three essay writing prompts. The essay prompts come complete with the writing topic, organizing page, drafting pages, and scoring rubric. You can choose the mode of writing you are working on in class and use that prompt. The students love the topics, and it is all nicely organized for you to incorporate into your plans. 

 Black History Mini-Unit

Black History Month Mini-Unit is the perfect resource to use with your students. This supplemental resource included eight biographical readings, discussion questions with a quote for thought for each reading, and a page for each reading to use in an Interactive Notebook. The influential figures included are Mary McLeod Bethune, Booker T. Washington, Sojourner Truth, Jackie Robinson, Ruby Bridges, Jesse Owens, Rosa Parks, and Frederick Douglass. 

 Capitalization Task Cards

Capitalization Task Cards is a FREEBIE located in my TpT store. Go grab your copy today!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Happy Teaching!

14 comments:

  1. Please don't tell me my yoga pants have to go to yoga. That means I have to wear pajamas all the time. :) Comfort is the key at home.
    Headaches suck, trust me I know. I hope you get relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they definitely don't have to go to yoga. :) You're safe! Thanks for stopping by!

      Andrea

      Delete
  2. Queen of Yoga pants!!! I wish I could wear yoga pants every day...even to teach in :) Have a great week!
    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love wearing them! Thank you for stopping by today!

      Andrea

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! I laughed when I read the yoga pants comment! I will live vicariously through you with the nice weather...we currently have major winds and blowing snow-ugh! Hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita,
      I hope the weather is not too bad! I would not know what to do in snow. Thank you for stopping by.

      Andrea

      Delete
  4. LOL about your yoga pants! Mine actually enjoy yoga but don't go as often as they should ;-) I've been through those busy weeks myself...sending you lots of energy to get through it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sending lots of energy my way! Have a wonderful week!

      Andrea

      Delete
  5. My mom swears by butterbur and riboflavin (B2) for headaches as a preventative. I started taking this everyday starting at the beginning of this month, and as a chronic migraine suffer, it seems to be helping! Look into it and I hope it helps!

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check into that! Thank you for the suggestion. I hope you have a great week!

      Andrea

      Delete
  6. hahaha "Queen of Yoga Pants"....that is awesome! I think I could share your title.......

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the queen of yoga pants. I too am getting ready for the SuperBowl! I am using your Black History month mini unit this month with my students. Love the item. Have a wonder Sunday watching the Super Bowl.
    http://hangingoutwithmissb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear you love the resource...I am all smiles right now! I hope you enjoy the Super Bowl watching, too! Have a great week!

      Andrea

      Delete