"Let Learning Light Your Way"

As the 2012-2013 school year begins, I am reminded of all the many reasons I became a teacher in the first place. I enjoy children. I love learning! I love teaching! I have just completed my first full week with my students (yes, this blog entry should have been posted a week ago!). It has been a week full of getting to know my students, their interests, and testing the waters to see how the classes are going to flow this year. As I said in a previous post, I am teaching some new curriculum this year, and I have some classes that I have 100 minutes with and some classes that I only have 50 minutes with. It is taking even more planning and prep time to assure that I have my lessons tailored to fit everyone's needs: mine, the students' needs, and the allotted time.

This year, our school-wide theme is "Let Learning Light Your Way." On the students' desks the first day, they received a black bag with a lightbulb attached with the theme on it. Inside their bags were pens, pencils, erasers, and some candy to help them get through the day.



All in all, it has been a wonderful first week of school. I am going to play with my PreK daughter and then get back to some more planning.  I hope that each of you have a great school year with a lot of successes! I will leave you with an acronym that I am going to put into play this year:

                                                               L = listen and love
                                                               E = educate, engage, encourage
                                                               A = accelerate and activate
                                                               R = rigor and research
                                                               N = no excuses

No comments:

Post a Comment